Re: [isabelle] Syntax for Min/Max, or the notation for images

On 19/02/2018 15:34, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
Users (especially beginners) should be aware that a general comprehension could give rise to a large formula. I frequently write expressions using nested unions instead. I don't know whether it really simplifies reasoning steps, but I find it clearer.

I can never make up my mind.
Code generation needs Unions, but that is orthogonal.

Tobias