Re: [isabelle] counterexamples to Euler's conjecture with Isabelle

I was also puzzled by this and decided to try a much simpler example: Pythagorean triples. It doesn't take much search to find one of those, but quickcheck (with its default parameters) doesn't manage to find one. Amazingly, nitpick does, although as I gather it doesn't use arithmetic at all but reduces the conjecture to a SAT problem.

lemma "∄A B C::int. 0 < A ∧ 0 < B ∧ 0 < C ∧ A*A + B*B = C*C"

Nitpick found a counterexample:

  Skolem constants:
    A = 4
    B = 3