Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2018-RC0: missing documentation for ISABELLE_TOOL_JAVA_OPTIONS

On 18/06/18 14:31, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> I found mention of ISABELLE_TOOL_JAVA_OPTIONS in NEWS but in "isabelle
> doc system" it is only mentioned in an example (on page 26) without
> further explanation.

I have added the following text to the "system" manual in
Isabelle/f090b313fdc8:

  \<^descr>[@{setting_def ISABELLE_TOOL_JAVA_OPTIONS}] is passed to the
\<^verbatim>\<open>java\<close>
  executable when running Isabelle tools (e.g. @{tool build}). This is
  occasionally helpful to provide more heap space, via additional
options like
  \<^verbatim>\<open>-Xms1g -Xmx4g\<close>.