Re: [isabelle] make_string

OK, thanks - I've done that (ie both those things), but the second
buffer is completely non-responsive (well, almost, since clicking in
the second buffer removes the output from the first buffer from the
output area, but there's no output from the second buffer.  Is there a
second output area that's hidden away somewhere, that I need to do
something to make visible?

You obviously have to enter something in the second buffer to see something in the output. The output shows only the current state of where your cursor is.