Re: [isabelle] The Isabelle Server: responsive control of prover sessions

On 2018-03-28 20:52, Makarius wrote:
> Dear Isabelle users,
>
> please see this blog post on the new Isabelle server:
> https://sketis.net/2018/the-isabelle-server-responsive-control-of-prover-sessions
>
> It should already be usable, although there are no users yet.
>
> In the coming months before the Isabelle2018 release, it should become
> really robust and stable, but that requires feedback from applications
> to get there.
Our application
    https://intra.ist.tugraz.at/hg/isa
    https://intra.ist.tugraz.at/hg/isac
(server and client respectively) uses libisabelle
    https://github.com/larsrh/libisabelle
to connect Isabelle with our Java/Scala front-end. This connection is
reliable and well maintained over Isabelle versions.

If I understand correctly from a quick review of the material pointed at
above, then the new Isabelle server would allow to replace libisabelle
with little effort and open new prospects for further development of our
application.

So we would be interested to invest the efforts required. However, we
would probably need some help, since we have no expert in our team to
deal with intricacies of TCP/IP etc presently.

Walther