[isabelle] Postdoc Position VirginiaTech: x86-64 binary verification

A postdoctoral position is available with the Systems Software Research
Group (http://www.ssrg.ece.vt.edu) at Virginia Tech (https://vt.edu/) on a
project that is investigating verification of x86 machine code. The project
vision involves formalizing x86-64 semantics, decompiling program binaries,
and investigating techniques to reason about program behaviors, all inside
a theorem-prover.

Recent computer science or computer engineering PhD graduates with
background and expertise in theorem provers such as Isabelle/HOL, Coq, or
ACL2, and with an affinity for defining the formal semantics of languages
is sought. We seek candidates with a solid background in at least one of
the following topics:

Theorem proving / formal semantics
x86 architecture
Concurrency
Floating point semantics

Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Dr. Freek
Verbeek (freek at vt.edu). Please indicate in your email that you are applying
for a postdoc position. The position is for one year, with strong
possibilities for additional years. The start date is flexible, but we aim
to fill the position as soon as possible. Please also contact Dr. Verbeek (
freek at vt.edu) for any questions.