[isabelle] Fwd: Error Building HOL-Word

(Re-sending because I sent this from the wrong address originally, sorry if
both posts end up getting through)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mario Alvarez <mariomcgilvrayalvarez at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 2, 2018, 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [isabelle] Error Building HOL-Word
To: <makarius at sketis.net>
Cc: Mario Alvarez <mmalvare at eng.ucsd.edu>, <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>

Hi Makarius,

Thanks for checking this out.

In case you're curious to know more about my development environment: I use
WSL for command-line interaction, but a windows-native version of
Isabelle/JEdit for actual development. This works mostly fine except for
this issue around Z3 integration, which I've managed to work around now by
changing some proofs in the standard library. When I get a chance (which
may not be for a while) I may play around with Z3 a little more on WSL to
see when/why it's failing.

Also, if you really want a GUI environment for WSL, you can install a
Windows-native X-server. I've gotten Isabelle/JEdit to work this way, but
it tends to be slower (especially UI interactions) than the Windows-native
Isabelle/JEdit.

--Mario