Re: [isabelle] Methods with informative failure messages

Hi,

you could return Seq.empty and print a warning or tracing message.
However, note that in combination with tacticals (like ?,*), your
method might fail multiple times on different goals and produce a whole
bunch of warning messages ... many of them might be useless, but I
don't think there is a general rule to filter the actual informative
ones ...

--
  Peter