[isabelle] Isabelle and Vim (was: Re: Another newbie question...case-based proofs)

Am Freitag, den 05.04.2019, 12:21 +0200 schrieb Makarius:
> On 12/03/2019 17:15, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
>
> > By the way, have there been any attempts so far to integrate
> > Isabelle into Vim?
>
> No, Isabelle is moving in the opposite direction.

In what respect is Isabelle moving away from Vim?

I like Vim particularly for its efficient editing capabilities, things
like jumping to the matching bracket or deleting everything enclosed by
the quotation marks to the left and right of the cursor, all of which
doesn’t involve complicated key combinations. I guess the goal is not to
make Isabelle editing less efficient.

So what is it that is considered bad about Vim and is more and more
avoided by Isabelle?

All the best,
Wolfgang