Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC0: Fonts look blurry

On 05/04/2019 01:38, Eugene W. Stark wrote:

> I don't normally complain about such things, but yes, the fonts are somewhat blurry.
> Beyond that, they are exquisitely ugly, especially the extra wide boldface font
> in the Sidekick panel.  The appearance in Isabelle 2018 was tolerable, but this new look
> is quite bad, IMHO.  Besides the boldface keywords being too wide and too bold,
> the lines are very crowded and if anything appearing in them has a subscript then
> it leads to an ugly variation in line spacing.

I was confused about the variation in line spacing, and still am. In
Isabelle2018 I see the same effect.

E.g. use Isabelle Sidekick on the included theory file. Moving with the
mouse over the Sidekick tree makes the bottom status line of the editor
hop up and down. This is a bit ugly, but not a regression.

Maybe it appears to be slightly more ugly now, because the rest of the
GUI looks so great with the new Isabelle DejaVu fonts :-)

	Makarius
theory Scratch
  imports Pure
begin

section \<open>\<open>A\<^sub>1\<close>\<close>
section \<open>\<open>A\<^sub>1\<close>\<close>
section \<open>\<open>A\<^sub>1\<close>\<close>
section \<open>\<open>A\<^sub>1\<close>\<close>
section \<open>\<open>A\<^sub>1\<close>\<close>

end