Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC0: Improved "Isabelle DejaVu" font collection, suitable for text and GUI

On 05/04/2019 23:43, lammich at in.tum.de wrote:
> So what I understand is that Java is phasing out support for proper font
> rendering on non UHD screens... Given that many people still use those
> screens I somehow can't /don't want to believe that. In particular on
> laptop screens, UHD seems not to be standard yet.

Please, I have explained the situation so many times.

Strictly speaking, all of Java has been crap all the time. Some brave
guys like the ones behind jEdit have made a great desktop application
from it. I have built on top of that in the past 10 years and will
continue to do so.

Even if Java 11 does demand an up-to-date display now, I cannot really
believe that anybody is still using non-UHD for non-Java things. That is
not rethoric, it is meant seriously. The quality of everyday digital
live changes significantly with it.

(I've been using UHD since Dec-2014, and most high-end Apples were a bit
earlier with "Retina" displays. Now we have Apr-2019.)