Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC0: Improved "Isabelle DejaVu" font collection, suitable for text and GUI

On 06/04/2019 14:24, Jeremy Dawson wrote:
> Right now I'm looking at a display that is 1366x768.  Not what I prefer
> to use, but it's what I have when I go travelling.  And it (ie the
> display as well as the whole machine - CPU, RAM and all) is fine for
> using Coq and it's fine for using HOL4 and in fact it's adequate if not
> ideal for everything I want to do with it - but it's not much good for
> using recent versions of Isabelle.

The demand of high-end equipment for high-end applications has been part
of the Isabelle culture from the very beginning.

What we are doing here is the Engineering of Formal Mathematics at a
considerable scale, and it requires a proper Engineering Workstation --
I've just purchased such a beast at 1650 EUR total.

Today there are also mobile versions of that, but the average consumer
model will be insufficient for anything beyond basic examples.