Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC0: Improved "Isabelle DejaVu" font collection, suitable for text and GUI

Am Samstag, den 06.04.2019, 23:14 +0200 schrieb Makarius:
> What we are doing here is the Engineering of Formal Mathematics at a
> considerable scale, and it requires a proper Engineering Workstation
> -- I've just purchased such a beast at 1650 EUR total.
>
> Today there are also mobile versions of that, but the average consumer
> model will be insufficient for anything beyond basic examples.

I’m using a one-year old ThinkPad with a non-UHD display. My external
monitor, which I use most of the time, is quite a bit older and has a
resolution of 1280 × 1024 pixels. Some people just don’t have the
resources to buy lots of new and fancy stuff.

Nevertheless, I’ve been using Isabelle successfully for formal
mathematics way beyond basic examples. It’s just that the fonts have
always been looking a bit crappy with Isabelle 2017 and 2018, but after
a bit of tweaking I could live with the result. Other applications
(typically based on GTK+/Cairo) are yielding much better results on my
“vintage monitor”. I hope I’ll be able to make my decision when to buy a
new monitor independently of my expected future switch to Isabelle 2019.

All the best,
Wolfgang