Re: [isabelle] Isabelle and Vim

Hi all,

> On 5. Apr 2019, at 16:23, Berg, Nils Erik <nils.jaehnig at tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I really recommend you try VSCode with the Vim plugin.
> I only use basic features of Vim, so I can't speak about more advanced functionality.
>
> In general, Isabelle in VSCode is quite good. Sometimes I miss something (or did not search long enough) like e.g. the search functionality,

> an overview over the status of all the theory.

I have a patch to add the overview (attached the version for Isabelle2018*). It requires a change in the plugin and in the Isabelle server. Basically apply the patch in the Isabelle repo, compile and install the plugin, and run VSCode with it.

> For those things, I switch to jedit.
>
> My only pain point is currently that the pretty symbols plugin is sometimes very slow.

Out of curiosity, are you impacted by https://github.com/siegebell/vsc-prettify-symbols-mode/issues/41 <https://github.com/siegebell/vsc-prettify-symbols-mode/issues/41>? I opened that issue and decided some times later that the plugin was too buggy to be usable, especially on large files.

Best,
Mathias

* I have a patch for the Isabelle-dev, but I have not heard back from Makarius yet.