Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC0: generate_file - documentation and behavior

On 04/04/2019 20:39, Dominique Unruh wrote:

> in NEWS, it says
>
>    The ML function Generate_File.generate writes all generated files from a
>    given theory to the file-system, e.g. a temporary directory where some
>    external compiler is applied.
>
> This function does not exist. I think it should say
> Generated_Files.write_files.

This is slightly outdated, I need to revise that.

Note that the isar-ref manual has a new section "5.11 Generated files
and external files" with more detailed explanations: I've written that a
few days ago, and if you find any mistakes in proof-reading, I will
revise that as well.