Subject: Re: [isabelle] Several questions about coding style/best practices
From: "Klein, Gerwin (Data61, Kensington NSW)" <Gerwin.Klein at data61.csiro.au>
To: Lawrence Paulson <lp15 at cam.ac.uk>

Ooh, a style bike-shed discussion :-)

I also strongly prefer the bracket style (for lemmas and theorems), because linear style becomes very hard to read for larger goals, but I use the linear (=> only) style for types, mostly because people are familiar with that from programming languages and types tend to not go over more than a line or two.

I use quotes for definitions, not cartouches, mostly because I’m used to it and it is fast to type, and I use cartouches for text and ML code, because I’m more likely to need to use quotes inside these.

Cheers,
Gerwin