Re: [isabelle] A more adequate workaround for jEdit scaling on hidpi / high resolution

I don't think it's specifically the font either. My primary suspicion is
that there is some small incompatibility between the process by which the
UI elements are scaled and that by which the fonts are scaled (by the java
runtime).

UI elements seem to be scaled by a raster method or by making each pixel of
the image twice wide. Fonts are scaled by a different process so that they
remain smooth on HiDPI. It may be the case that hinting and other systems
makes the scaled font have slightly different dimensions than a naive 2x of
the original size. Then, DejaVu Sans sits in an unfortunate spot where
these slightly different dimensions are significant.

--
Bests,
Johannes

Email: jhanschoo at gmail.com