Re: [isabelle] Requirement 'fontconfig'

On 28/07/2019 15:04, Lars Hupel wrote:

> I'd like to report a finding that I had to make the hard way today.
>
> I'm currently in the process of migrating the AFP submission service to
> Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. The package 'fontconfig' is not installed any longer
> in the server edition. When building Isabelle sessions on such a
> headless server, this results in the output 'InvocationTargetException'
> printed on the screen.
>
> The underlying issue is that Isabelle tries to load the available fonts
> (?) and the JDK cannot do that, because 'fontconfig' is missing.
> Ultimately, there's a NPE somewhere in the 'sun.awt.*' package.

BTW, the official Isabelle docker image documents such system
dependencies: see http://isabelle.in.tum.de/installation.html at the
bottom, which points to https://hub.docker.com/r/makarius/isabelle --
and this is generated by Isabelle/Scala here:
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/Isabelle2019/src/Pure/Tools/build_docker.scala

The relevant change from 4 months ago is here
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/e3217c6d6467