[isabelle] evaluation of expressions

Hello,

I have a lemma of the following form: "g (S f) = f" and I would like to use it evaluate for example "g (S Suc) 3" using

value "g (S Suc) 3"

Is it possible to achieve this behavior? Simplification works OK, but I need also a quick way to calculate this kind of expressions.

Next is the complete example

definition "S f x = f x"

lemma S_simp: "S f = f"

  by (simp add: S_def fun_eq_iff)

definition "g A = (SOME f . A = S f)"

lemma g_S_simp[code,simp]: "g (S f) = f"
  by (simp add: g_def S_simp)

lemma "g (S Suc) 3 = 4"
  by (simp) (*this works OK*)

value "g (S Suc) 3" (*this gives Wellsortedness error*)

Best regards,

Viorel Preoteasa