Re: [isabelle] Trivial lemma requires syntactic fiddling

In logic there are always many ways of writing the same thing. But as regards Isabelle’s automation, as a general rule, you should prefer to minimise the use of bound variables. In this case, {na::nat. na ≤n} looks much more complicated to Isabelle than {0..n::nat}.  More generally, consider replacing {x. P x & Q x} by the obvious intersection, et cetera.

Larry Paulson