Re: [isabelle] JEdit plugin error while loading Isabelle

On 04/03/2019 14:37, Rodrigo Raya wrote:

> I have encountered a problem with the Isabelle-jEdit plugin while
> starting Isabelle. Basically, the problem occurs after unplugging the
> computer before it is completely switched off. As a result I can no
> longer work in Isabelle.
>
> The problem has been posted on StackOverflow for four months (it
> happened already with a previous machine) and hasn't received an answer:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53116986/jedit-plugin-error-while-loading-isabelle

The error from over there was:

    The following plugin could not be loaded:

C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Isabelle2018\src\Tools\jEdit\dist\jars\Isabelle-jEdit.jar:

    Cannot start:

    *** [line 1 of "preferences"] error: bad input

This indicates that your $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/preferences file is in
a bad state: the file is written each time Isabelle/jEdit shuts down,
and switching off the computer in the middle might have corrupted it.

You can try to repair or delete that file. The location of
$ISABELLE_HOME_USER on Windows is usually something like
C:\Users\my_name\.isabelle\Isabelle2018

BTW, my understanding of StackOverflow is to collect generally
interesting questions with substantial answers, not so much "please help
me with my accidental problem".