Re: [isabelle] Workaround for Isabelle2018 under Ubuntu 18.04 still needed?

On 02/05/2019 15:10, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

>> The kernel update `linux-image-4.15.0-36-generic` (Oct-2018)
>> introduces a timing problem with socket communication in the
>> Isabelle Prover IDE, notably Isabelle/jEdit. Thus loading big
>> sessions becomes very slow (e.g. theory `HOL-Library.Library`
>> or `HOL-Analysis.Analysis`). This can be avoided by downgrading
>> to `linux-image-4.15.0-34-generic` or by using the following
>> temporary workaround for Isabelle2018.
>
> Now Ubuntu 18.04 comes with `linux-image-4.18.0-18-generic` these
> days. Does the above-described problem still exist with this
> version?

This is no longer relevant. Canonical regretted that change a few weeks
later, and it should work without doing anything special.

This old text will disappear with the update to the website to Isabelle2019.

In retrospect, it is interesting to see how often updates in
Debian/Ubuntu have disrupted our fine application software distribution:
approx. once every 2 years.