Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC1 release file names

Hi,

as a user of Lars' libisabelle, I would like to chime in here and "vote" for reincluding the tarballs on the webpage.

Tar seems to be the only widespread format that can be downloaded and unpacked without temporary storage which might be useful also for other applications which try to automatically install Isabelle.

My suggestion be to simply include both the tarballs and the other compressed formats on the webserver. Unless the webserver has a very small storage allowance, that should make very little difference to the server.

That way it should work for everyone.

Best wishes,
Dominique.