Re: [isabelle] Best practices for introducing domain specific notation

Hi,

I am very interested in the topic.
Our AFP entry (see https://www.isa-afp.org/entries/UTP.html) suffers from
such a problem.
Actually UTP has a very strong syntactic flavor which I would like to
activate and de-activate whenever I want.

I am thinking of an approach that uses a top-level command that allow me to
activate the UTP syntax inside the cartouch and de-activate it whenever I
am out of the scope of the command.
One problem is: it might that my top-level command need the syntax of HOL
as well as the document model "HOL" since I would like to define new
concepts or prove new lemmas with the activated syntax.
But technically I am not sure how practical is this, since I did not yet
start doing it.

I agree that it is not a trivial problem we have here.

Best wishes,

Yakoub.