Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC2: Purge does not purge unprocessed files

On 14/05/2019 17:02, Peter Lammich wrote:

> when (accidentally) loading a wrong file, I close this file and the
> press "purge" in the theory panel. However, this will only remove those
> files for which processing has already started. The other files are
> still displayed in the theory panel, and only go away later when
> opening another theory file.
>
> How to reproduce:
>   open Isabelle with a file that imports many theories
>   wait until theory panel shows all prerequisite files and starts
> processing.
>   close file in buffer and press purge

It has taken some time to figure this out: it is mainly an optical
illusion, i.e. the theories get purged properly, but the Theories panel
is not updated. (You can see this when creating a new Theories window
instance: the purged theories are not shown.)

In https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle-release/rev/3e17c3a5fd39 I
have improved that -- it will be in the next release candidate to be
published in a few days.