Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC2 NullPointerException on Cygwin-Terminal (Windows 10)

On 22/05/2019 16:24, Fabian Immler wrote:

>> Since it is repeatable for you: Can you try with the
>> Isabelle2019-RC2.exe desktop application and check the exception trace
>> in the activity log? See menu Utilities / Trouble Shooting / Activity
>> Log.
> Yes, I've attached the activity.log. Looks like the NPE always occurs
> together with
> [debug] EditBus:
> ViewUpdate[what=VIEW_ACTIVATED,source=org.gjt.sp.jedit.View[active]]
> [debug] jEdit: checkBufferStatus for all buffers
> [debug] EditBus: DynamicMenuChanged[menu=recent-files,source=null]

I did not change anything for Isabelle2019-RC3 here: the exception is so
rare on my test machines that I cannot get hold of it.

Is this more than an aesthetic problem? Is there really a slowdown of
interaction when printing many exceptions, as you mentioned earlier?