Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC2 sporadic smt failures

On 5/27/2019 1:08 PM, Makarius wrote:
On 27/05/2019 12:14, Fabian Immler wrote:
On 5/27/2019 11:26 AM, Makarius wrote:
On 26/05/2019 08:56, Fabian Immler wrote:

The above changes are already in Isabelle2019-RC3. Can you try if it
makes a difference.
It is better now, but I still get 6-7 failures in 400 runs. (It was 20
failures with Isabelle2019-RC2)

Is there an easy way to provide the 400 runs above as isolated example?
Not sure if that is what you mean, but I was referring to simply 400
copies of the smt-call that I reported earlier in this thread:

OK, I will try this. I've thought that you have an actual application
with 400 runs somewhere in the background.

The implicit question behind this: How serious is the impact on
applications?
Well, there is a large probability that I cannot build sessions with more than a handful of smt-calls.

But I realized that Windows' "Virus & threat protection" seems to be the culprit.

When building the theory with 400 smt calls, Task Manager shows that "Antimalware Service Executable" is very active (100-150% CPU).

Disabling it temporarily
(Virus & threat protection ->
Virus & threat protection settings ->
Mange settings ->
Real-time protection), the problems with smt disappear.

Fabian