Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2019-RC2 NullPointerException on Cygwin-Terminal (Windows 10)

On 25/05/2019 19:21, Makarius wrote:
> On 22/05/2019 16:24, Fabian Immler wrote:
>>>
>>> Since it is repeatable for you: Can you try with the
>>> Isabelle2019-RC2.exe desktop application and check the exception trace
>>> in the activity log? See menu Utilities / Trouble Shooting / Activity
>>> Log.
>> Yes, I've attached the activity.log. Looks like the NPE always occurs
>> together with
>> [debug] EditBus:
>> ViewUpdate[what=VIEW_ACTIVATED,source=org.gjt.sp.jedit.View[active]]
>> [debug] jEdit: checkBufferStatus for all buffers
>> [debug] EditBus: DynamicMenuChanged[menu=recent-files,source=null]
>
> I did not change anything for Isabelle2019-RC3 here: the exception is so
> rare on my test machines that I cannot get hold of it.

Looking again more carefully, it is easy to reproduce -- and in fact
occurs both with Java 8 and Java 11. See also
https://sourceforge.net/p/jedit/bugs/4082

Consequently, it happens in Isabelle2018 and Isabelle2019-RC3 alike, and
is formally not a regression.

There is nothing else we can do at the moment, unless someone on the
jEdit project is very quick in isolating the problem.