[isabelle] Isabelle 2019 on macOS Catalina
- To: isabelle-users <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>
- Subject: [isabelle] Isabelle 2019 on macOS Catalina
- From: Thiemann, René <Rene.Thiemann at uibk.ac.at>
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 10:00:00 +0000
- Accept-language: de-DE, de-AT, en-US
- Thread-index: AQHVfb8lJ+/fnIMEK0uUqho0tMCJXA==
- Thread-topic: Isabelle 2019 on macOS Catalina
those of you who have already updated to macOS Catalina might encounter the following problem:
- Starting Isabelle2019 is no longer permitted because it is not from a “verified developer”.
- The CTRL-open solution (still trust this app), is no longer available, instead one can now
move Isabelle2019 to the trash.
So, here is what worked on my machine:
1) disable security checking
sudo spctl --master-disable
2) Start Isabelle
3) reenable security checking
sudo spctl --master-enable
4) starting Isabelle still works
I don’t know whether there are better solutions to the problem,
but perhaps this is useful for some of you.
PS: I did not yet test, whether other tools like z3, yices, etc. all work properly.
PPS: There was no problem with using a self-compiled Isabelle from the development-repository.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and