Re: [isabelle] Problems with multiple patterns in simproc_setup

Hi Christoph,

The problem is type inference. With ("prod f A" | "sum f B"), f gets the
type 'a::type ⇒ 'b::{comm_monoid_add,comm_monoid_mult}. However, in your
lemmas, you get only either comm_monoid_add or comm_monoid_mult but not
both. If you force the types to have both:

lemma "(\<Sum>i=1..3. i) = (\<Sum>i=0..2. (i ::
'b::{zero,numeral,ord,comm_monoid_add,comm_monoid_mult}) + 1)"

then the simproc triggers. The reason why [\<^term>\<open>prod f A\<close>,
\<^term>\<open>sum f A\<close>] works is that the type inference is done
separately in the two expressions instead of being done together.

Best regards,
Mathias

--
Mathias Fleury
ENS Cachan - Antenne de Bretagne : ENS Rennes MIT 1 (Magister