Re: [isabelle] A small proof checker (String => Bool)

Hi Juho,

The problem is that something that would correctly process an Isabelle theory file and reliably check it would need to be almost as big and complicated as Isabelle itself. The solution is to tweak Isabelle so that, after it processes the theory file, it somehow captures it internally so that it can exported in a much simpler form (a "proof object") that a simple proof checker could process. This simple proof checker would ideally also print out the statements of the theorems it has checked, so that there is no need to trust anything about the original exporting system.

There are various projects that have worked on this idea, including Open Theory, Dedukti and Common HOL (anyone know of any other ones?). I don't know whether anyone got something working reliably for Isabelle theory files, but I don't see any fundamental reason why it couldn't be done.

Mark.