Re: [isabelle] [EXTERNAL] Non-idempotence of datatype constructors

Yes, it is true for any function (even if it isn't injective, although
then it's not an "if-and-only-if").

The point is that if you actually want it to use this to prove that two
lists (or data type values in general) are not equal, you need to plug
in a concrete function f. And "size" happens to be one that is good for
this particular case.

Sometimes less general theorems can achieve more because they guide the
automation more (and us humans, too!). That is particularly true for
induction rules.

Manuel