Re: [isabelle] Non-idempotence of datatype constructors

I do think such rules are useful, esp if they are there by default. I suggest they are best handled by a simproc that is triggered by any "(=)" but that checks immediately if the two argumenst are of the appropriate type and form. That can be done very quickly (there are similar simprocs already). The simproc should work for any datatype and any degree of nesting of the constructors.

Tobias