[isabelle] Prior work on proof assistant performance / optimization

I'm in the process of writing my thesis on proof assistant performance
bottlenecks (with a focus on Coq).  I'm having some trouble finding prior
work on performance engineering and/or benchmarking of proof assistants
(other than the paper on the Lean tactic language (
https://leanprover.github.io/papers/tactic.pdf)), and figured I'd reach out
to these lists.

Does anyone have references for prior work on performance analysis or
engineering of proof assistants or dependently typed languages?  (Failing
that, I'd also be interested in papers about compile-time performance of
compilers.)

Thanks,
Jason