Re: [isabelle] New AFP Feature: LaTeX formulae in abstracts

On 29/04/2020 12:19, Manuel Eberl wrote:

> AFP abstracts may now contain LaTeX formulae (both inline and display).
> Rendering is done with MathJax and should work smoothly and consistently
> in any remotely recent browser.
>
> Formulae can simply be embedded using $…$ or $$…$$ and most basic LaTeX
> maths commands are supported.
>
> An example can be found in the example submission:
>
> https://www.isa-afp.org/entries/Example-Submission.html
>
> For more information on this, see the submission guidelines:
>
> https://www.isa-afp.org/submitting.html
>
> Should there be any issues, please let me know.

That is certainly an improvement.

At some point the standard Isabelle document output for HTML needs to be
improved analogously, but the underlying web technologies are still unclear to me.

Instead of old-fashioned MathJax, I've seen more and more activity around
KaTeX in recent years, but these guys are very modest in there version
numbering: https://github.com/KaTeX/KaTeX/releases

Here is some further comparison:
https://www.intmath.com/cg5/katex-mathjax-comparison.php