Re: [isabelle] Question about "isabelle scala"

On 08/05/2020 06:41, Xingyuan Zhang wrote:

> We I started the scala interpreter using:
> isabelle scala
> from the Cygwin-Termin.bat under Isabelle/VS Code, the Backspace key did not work. When I typed Backspace to remove the character just typed in, it shows something like:
> ?[K
> And all the arrow keys did not work neither.

Does it mean that you are using the VSCode terminal to run
Isabelle2020/Cygwin-Terminal.bat ? Does that contuinue in the VSCode window,
or open a different console window?

Note that "isabelle scala" merely invokes the regular "scala" tool with some
additions to the environment. The Scala guys are using jline-2.14.6 for the
command-line interaction. That always had problems with various Windows
terminals, as far as I can remember.

It does work reliably on Linux and macOS, though --- I often use it for
low-level Isabelle/Scala experiments.

For high-level Isabelle/Scala/PIDE experiments, I usually use the portable
Console/Scala plugin in Isabelle/jEdit: that can even interrupt Scala
execution properly. In contrast, console SIGINT does not work properly on
Windows at all.