Re: [isabelle] Predicate Compiler fails with "No specification for ..."

Hi Florian,

code_pred's [inductify] option has its quirks and doesn't always work; in particular set comprehensions and set membership are tricky (code_pred was developed when "'a set" was a type abbreviation for "'a => bool"). What you can do is to do the inductification manually. In your example with the typedef, the following makes code_pred generate the right equations (of course, you should manually fill in the sorrys)

lemma P_intro [code_pred_intro]: "P n m"
  if "Rep_mynat n ≠ 0" "m = Abs_mynat (Rep_mynat n - 1)" sorry

code_pred (modes: i ⇒ i ⇒ bool, i ⇒ o ⇒ bool) P sorry

code_pred (modes: i ⇒ i ⇒ bool, i ⇒ o ⇒ bool) [inductify] t .

Now, however, export_code gives you a well-sortedness error that mynat isn't an instance of equal. But that's something you probably want to provide anyway; I'm actually surprised that the setup_lifting doesn't generate such an instance.

Hope this helps,
Andreas