Re: [isabelle] AFP instructions

Not sure I've got the exact meaning of your question right, but here are some Windows 10 results:

  Command Prompt (cmd.exe):
    $ echo "hello world" >> ~/foo-cmd.txt

  PowerShell:
    $ echo "hello world" >> ~/foo-pwsh.txt
    $ type C:\Users\mfernan2\foo-pwsh.txt
    hello world

  Cygwin64 Terminal:
    $ echo "hello world" >> ~/foo-cygwin.txt
    $ cat /home/mfernan2/foo-cygwin.txt
    hello world

  Git Bash (for completeness/curiosity):
    $ echo "hello world" >> ~/foo-gbash.txt
    $ cat /c/Users/mfernan2/foo-gbash.txt
    hello world

Even if you can get the CMD version to work, "hello world" comes out including the surrounding quote characters.