Re: [isabelle] AFP instructions

> On 25 Feb 2021, at 22:25, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
>
>>> In my own documentation, I usually refer symbolically to
>>> $ISABELLE_USER_HOME/etc/ROOTS --- this can be used literally in Isabelle/jEdit
>>> on all platforms, and the ROOTS file even has inlined explanations for that
>>> situation.

I do appreciate that (and use it myself), but for the instructions it doesn't work: if, as a user, you don't know what $ISABELLE_USER_HOME refers to, you will not know which file to change, or how to adjust the path if you have put the AFP in a different location to what the instructions expect. If you have the concrete example, you have more information.

Cheers,
Gerwin