Re: [isabelle] conversions for symmetric/commutative operators

Peter,

This is really funny, I was in the middle of implementing the first part of what you suggested. There is now the lemma eq_iff_swap: (x = y) = P ==> (y = x) = P and I have simplified a number of proofs in List as a result. I have also added a handful of lemmas that were missing. Strangely enough, I missed your empty_filter_conv. Or maybe I tried and it did more harm than good - it took a couple of iterations to smooth things out. I'll double-check.

Note that one should not apply eq_iff_swap blindly: one may want to swap some equations in P as well.

Tobias