Re: [isabelle] conversions for symmetric/commutative operators

Peter,

I amy fine tune these names when I feel really bored, but not at this point in time.

Best
Tobias

On 14/11/2021 00:40, Peter Gammie wrote:
Tobias,

Thanks for doing that. I’ll reiterate my concern that things aren’t particularly systematic. For instance we have this pair:

filter_eq_Cons_iff
Cons_eq_filter_iff

and this pair:

take_eq_Nil
take_eq_Nil2

Can we settle on:

- suffix `_iff` vs `_conv` vs nothing
- suffix `2` vs flipping the constant names around `_eq_`
- ...

As I remarked before, it’d be great if we could just have a single name for each of these pairs as the common case is that you just want to use whatever works (which in my case would give more robust proofs as I rework the foundations of things). In the rarer case that you need just one or the other I think e.g. filter_eq_Cons_iff(1) is not so bad.

Perhaps this is not typically an issue once the relevant simpset is sufficiently mature.

cheers,
peter