Re: [isabelle] macOS app launcher

On 03/10/2021 22:47, Frédéric Boulanger wrote:

> On MacOS, the Isabelle2021-1-RC0 application does not behave as a regular
> MacOS application: you cannot drag a .thy file onto its icon or select "Open
> with..." to open a theory with it.
>
> I wrote an Applescript application to fix this, it is available at:
> https://github.com/Frederic-Boulanger-UPS/MacIsabelle2021App
>
> I don't know how difficult it is to integrate this into the development of
> Isabelle. It amounts to processing OAPP and ODOC Apple Events.

I am reluctant to dismantle the macOS app launcher that emerged spontaneously
for the Isabelle2021 release --- the best launcher we've ever had so far. It
is based on a plain shell script, instead of fancy binaries that nobody
understands --- especially after some years later: Apple is changing things
occasionally in obscure ways.

Moreover, the real-time delays in your Apple script look a bit strange for
something that is supposed to be based on well-defined events.

If you can tell me how to have the shell script application accept the
file-open event, I can improve on that in a conservative manner.

Note that drag-and-drop of text files on the running editor works properly,
but that is a different mechanism.