Re: [isabelle] macOS app launcher

On 04/10/2021 15:55, Makarius wrote:
> On 03/10/2021 22:47, Frédéric Boulanger wrote:
>>
>> On MacOS, the Isabelle2021-1-RC0 application does not behave as a regular
>> MacOS application: you cannot drag a .thy file onto its icon or select "Open
>> with..." to open a theory with it.
>>
>> I wrote an Applescript application to fix this, it is available at:
>> https://github.com/Frederic-Boulanger-UPS/MacIsabelle2021App
>>
>> I don't know how difficult it is to integrate this into the development of
>> Isabelle. It amounts to processing OAPP and ODOC Apple Events.
>
> I am reluctant to dismantle the macOS app launcher that emerged spontaneously
> for the Isabelle2021 release --- the best launcher we've ever had so far. It
> is based on a plain shell script, instead of fancy binaries that nobody
> understands --- especially after some years later: Apple is changing things
> occasionally in obscure ways.

Here are the relevant changes:

https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle/rev/e7437085e589

https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle/rev/b8e12e94cfca

So there is an outer executable (produced from Admin/Isabelle_app/Isabelle.c)
and an inner shell script lib/scripts/Isabelle_app).

I guess that further Apple event magic needs to go into Isabelle.c ---
presently, it is just plain Unix (uniform for macOS and Linux).