[isabelle] New in the AFP:Algebras for Iteration, Infinite Execut ions and Correctness of Sequential Computations

Algebras for Iteration, Infinite Execut ions and Correctness of Sequential Computations
Walter Guttmann

We study models of state-based non-deterministic sequential computations and describe them using algebras. We propose algebras that describe iteration for strict and non-strict computations. They unify computation models which differ in the fixpoints used to represent iteration. We propose algebras that describe the infinite executions of a computation. They lead to a unified approximation order and results that connect fixpoints in the approximation and refinement orders. This unifies the semantics of recursion for a range of computation models. We propose algebras that describe preconditions and the effect of while-programs under postconditions. They unify correctness statements in two dimensions: one statement applies in various computation models to various correctness claims.

https://www.isa-afp.org/entries/Correctness_Algebras.html

Enjoy!