Re: [isabelle] Issue launching jEdit for multiple Isabelle versions
- To: cl-isabelle-users at lists.cam.ac.uk
- Subject: Re: [isabelle] Issue launching jEdit for multiple Isabelle versions
- From: Stepan Holub <holub at karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 10:39:09 +0200
- Authentication-results: cam.ac.uk; iprev=pass (postak.karlin.mff.cuni.cz) smtp.remote-ip=126.96.36.199; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=karlin.mff.cuni.cz; dkim=pass header.d=karlin.mff.cuni.cz header.s=postak2 header.a=rsa-sha256; arc=none
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/78.13.0
A user to user point of view:
JEDIT_SETTINGS is a shortcut for the directory where your, well, jEdit
settings are present. (It can be found using the super useful and
probably underestimated File/Open/Favorites in jEdit).
When I installed Isabelle2020 and Isabelle2021 those directories
(Windows) are, respectively,
Your folders seem to coincide. I do not know what you did to achieve
that, but it does not seem to be standard.
On 31-Aug-21 5:58 PM, Thomas Sewell wrote:
Thanks, that clears up what the problem is.
I seem to be able to (crudely) switch versions by clearing some of
and I take it I can make things work consistently by setting up
to be unique per Isabelle instance on my machine. I dimly recall a
similar issue with PolyML heaps in the past.
I'll just say that this doesn't seem ideal. If I've somehow entered an
unsupported non-default configuration, I ought to at least be aware
I've done that.
I've never heard of JEDIT_SETTINGS, or set it, and there's barely any
about it anywhere I can find. Maybe this could be improved?
On 2021-08-31 15:05, Makarius wrote:
On 31/08/2021 13:59, Thomas Sewell wrote:
Today I tried to launch Isabelle/jEdit and encountered some kind of
with loading of Java classes. This seems to apply to multiple
including 2020 and 2021 instances. This is very strange, because I
different jdk and jedit components, and they worked in the past.
It seems like you are reusing the same JEDIT_SETTINGS directory for
different versions (which is at your own risk and not officially
The relevant error is this:
The errors show a conflict of a new Isabelle/jEdit pluging
12:42:05 [main] [error] PluginJAR: Error while starting plugin
12:42:05 [main] [error] PluginJAR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
The corresponding jar file is:
But this plugin jar belongs to recent isabelle-dev versions, e.g.
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/rISABELLEfc363a3b690a --- this
overall directory, component, and plugin arrangement for Isabelle/jEdit
By removing some files from $JEDIT_SETTINGS it should work again for the
official Isabelle releases:
Maybe some more ...
Tento e-mail byl zkontrolován na viry programem AVG.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and