Welcome! And the college league...

Dear all,

Welcome to the chess club mailing list. There are just a few announcements to be made at present.

Firstly, could all Captains of college teams please email me (jlc80) with an indication of how many teams they are planning to field, their approximate playing strength and if they are willing to take players from outside the college. If captains could do this by next Monday then that would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like to play in the college league but are unsure whether your college has a team then feel free to email me with your college and approximate playing strength and I will try to find you a side to represent.

Secondly, the freshers' varsity match will take place on Saturday 27th October. As it is being played in Oxford this year, it will be an all day commitment and is open to all freshers that have joined the club this year. If you would like to represent the club in this match then please email me with your approximate playing strength. This is always a great event and has been incredibly close over the last couple of years so it is a good way to get a slowplay game in during term.

Finally, on an unrelated note, we have a message from our sponsors TPP:
TPP is holding aptitude tests at the Pitt Building in Cambridge
throughout October and November for a number of our graduate roles.

TPP is a UK based IT company, dedicated to delivering world class
healthcare software through our innovative products. We're currently
hiring for six different graduate roles and for our 2018 summer intern
programme. We're looking for the brightest minds from the UK's top
universities who have a passion for problem solving. No experience is
required and we accept applicants from all disciplines.

If you are interested in applying, you can book into a slot that suits
you. Please visit our website here; http://tpptop50.com/aptitude-test/

As always, any questions then feel free to email me,
James